Sunday, August 9, 2009

Review: Clair De Lune

Clair de Lune Coffee Lounge
2906 University Ave
San Diego, CA 92104-2934
Hours: 5AM-12AM M-Th, 5AM-1AM F-Sat

I've been here a few times already and I must say, I have mixed feelings about it. It's convenient since it's next to all the shops I love going to, but I think one word that can describe my experiences here is "inconsistent."

Their food is really really good. I've had breakfast there and they really don't skimp out on the quality. I've also had their sweet snacks there (cookies, cake) and I enjoyed them. The drinks, however, don't always taste great; sometimes they taste amazing, other times I had to throw them away out of disgust. I think it really depends on who makes the drinks. One barista made a really good Vietnamese coffee. But the next time I ordered it, this other barista did a horrible job. Sometimes the drinks are watered down or way too sweet. It's really a hit or miss when you order a drink. Also, the drinks are pretty pricey. I'm not sure if you want to pay a lot if you have to guess if your drink will taste good or not.

As for the environment, I don't care much for it. I liked the high ceiling and their attempt to be artistic, but I don't think it's the right place for people to study. The music is way too loud, it gets really hot in there, and the tables and chairs don't seem really clean. I think they built this cafe as a place for people to hang out and socialize. It's great for that, but definitely not for studying.

You can try this place for yourself. Maybe you'll have a more pleasant experience than I did.

MY RECOMMENDATIONS:
Breakfast Belgian Waffle
Chocolate Chip Cookies


FOOD AND DRINK RATING:
3 out of 5

ENVIRONMENT FOR STUDYING:
1 out of 5

OVERALL RATING:
2 out of 5

4 comments:

  1. womp womp 2 out of 5? I probably won't go here, but I do love belgian waffles :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. womp womp 2 out of 5? i probably won't go here lol, but I do love belgian waffles :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. "xanga." what century are we in? haha

    ReplyDelete